WebHelp 2 is a major overhaul of Classic WebHelp with the following aims:
- Avoid usage of frames that are obsolete in HTML by now.
- Make it responsive.
- Make it more SEO-friendly.
General structure of WebHelp2 matches that of Classic WebHelp, with "Table Of Contents"-"Index"-"Search" block on the left side, content block on the right plus customizable header and footer. But there are some differences as well:
- Step-by-step guides now use different engine that is modern and responsive.
- Code snippets highlighter is different too.
- Images scale automatically when window size changes.
- Web browser remembers last selected tab and width of the left sidebar.
Helpinator's online documentation now uses new WebHelp 2: http://www.helpinator.com/help/about.html
It looks like this: