XML Import/Export allows you to communicate with translation services and software. In general the procedure is as follows:
- Say you have a one-language project with "English" default language.
- Add new language, for example "German" and check to copy default language to it.
- Export XML using "Main Menu->File->Export XML". Select "German" language and folder to export files to.
- Helpinator will create a set of XML files with topics, keywords and glossary terms.
- Send this files to your translation service or translate it with translation software.
- Import translated XML back using "Main Menu->File->Import XML". Select "German" as destination language and a folder where XML files are located.